Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Friend and a Master

This is just a little thought on was was preached last night, about who God is to us.

It is said that we are a friend of God. He wants to hang out with us, meaning that we need to spend time with Him. One example of how big it is that God wants to be a friend of us, think about it, if the President of the United States hits you up on your cell and says "Hey man, your my friend, lets just chill today, no agenda" wouldn't that be mind blowing?! Your friends wouldn't believe it, you might not even believe it.

Now look at this. God said we are a friend of Him. He wants to hang out and spend time with us. Now, this is mind blowing because we know the President is a BIG deal, but God?! He CREATED YOU! He created billions of other people. He created the world we live in! He created everything in this galaxy that is every expanding just to fit Him! Now think about it, you get crazy excited if the president wants to hang out because you can relate to who he is and what he does and how much he has to do and would want to take time out of his day to hang out. BUT GOD IS LARGER! God wants to have a personal friendship with you!

God is also our master and we must obey Him and serve Him. One way to do that is to be a disciple of His and to do this, we must have knowledge of His word to be able to spread it to others.

I believe I have mentioned before that our church is reading through the new testament, so two chapters a day, five days a week. I really does not seem like much, but honestly I some times have a hard time keeping up on the reading and once you get far behind, it is tough to catch up. Doing this readings though has taught me so much though. Really getting into small portions at a time. I have attended a Christian Jr./Sr. High school and a year at a Christian University and I feel like more, now then ever, I am really getting into the word and learning who He is and what I need to be doing.

In doing the reading, I am not only spending time with my Father, but also obeying Him and reading His word, that I might be able to become a disciple for Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment